Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Smell of the Greasepaint, The Roar of The Crowd


Hello...If you are joining us for the first time, we are reading (in many cases rereading) Simple Abundance...A Daybook of Comfort and Joy by Sarah Ban Breathnach. There will be two entries today in order to be in sync with the dates in the book.

An actress, I'm not. (Although my family may tell you otherwise.) I do love my motivational speaking gigs and sometimes I can take my speeches to dramatic levels. Regarding acting, however, Sarah is right. You do not have to act, dance or sing on stage to explore and enjoy theatre.

One of my favorite things is to gather the girls for a night at the ballet. There is something magical about dance that transports you to a special place. The music, the movement, the costumes all tell a story without uttering a single word. It's like living in a fairy tale. What could be sweeter?

Whether you truly act on stage or just sing in the shower, do it with zest. Give it your all. You know, the "dance like no one is watching" philosophy.

Okay...time to boogie on down the road. Meet you at the next entry.

Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment