Friday, August 21, 2009

Simple Abundance

A Daybook of Comfort and Joy

Don’t you love it when things just come together? The other day I stopped in a local coffee shop and was drawn to a grouping of old books being sold to benefit MD. I did not need to browse long to know I had a find. It was like bumping into an old friend. My found treasure is Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach. I remember reading each daily entry a little over ten years ago. I’d make time each morning before I rushed off to my job in corporate American. It was a calming and delightful way to start the day.


If you haven’t read it, get a copy. Sarah has organized this book as “a walk through the year”. One needn’t start at January 1st, it is a book to be loved and enjoyed at any starting point.
So tomorrow, dear readers, I’ll start on the page in her book labeled August 21st. I am a newbie when it comes to blogging, but delighted to reread a book first printed in 1995 and ponder each day what Sarah has written and how I relate to it.


Whether it’s your first reading or your twelfth, I do hope you read along and chime in with your thoughts.

Until tomorrow,
Sunny

3 comments:

  1. I knew I had a copy of Simple Abundance in all my daily affirmation/reading/meditation books. And so....I pulled it out and read the passage for today. Used book stores???? Do they even exist anymore? And who has time these days to actually rummage through a book store? Usually, when I am shopping for a book I have something already in mind. What I got out of this reading today was once again the need to slow down and appreciate what has gone before ..... possibly a used book...or even one that has been tucked away.....and to take the time and reflect.


    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud of you for taking on this challenge. I kept a copy of "Simple Abundance" in my main bathroom for years and have read the pages over and over. I finally put the book back on the shelf and replaced with one of my Joel books. It will be fun to pull the book back off the self. I will do my best to follow you and reread with the opportunity to share now! I need to learn more about blogging. I am proud of you for taking a class and going for it. Love, Carol S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I continue with you on this journey. I loved the reading for today. Thank you for helping me to resurrect this book. And not only have you taken on a challenge but also a committment for us to share on a different level and hopefully help one another.
    XO
    Carol (Carpenter)



    fheHi

    ReplyDelete