Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Reel Life Lessons

If you are joining us for the first time, we are reading (in many cases rereading) Simple Abundance...A Daybook of Comfort and Joy by Sarah Ban Breathnach.

Reading for August 26th - Okay, now Sarah is speaking a language I am totally familiar with...the art of films. It is rather interesting that it was a film, Julie and Julia (pictured here...saw it twice) that helped to inspire this blog. Saw the movie, found the book, gave birth to the idea of the blog.

I love movies. I love popcorn. I love loosing myself for two hours while I meet new characters, enjoy beautiful scenery, visit places I've never been before. Bring on the comedies, the mysteries, the dramas, the epic and foreign films. I love them all, but I'll skip the westerns if you don't mind.

Yes Sarah, I agree, "matching your mood to a movie is very restorative and rewarding." Recently I hosted a girls weekend. My forever friends and I went to see Julie and Julia. It was a perfect flick to view with good friends. I turned to my left and watched one friend laugh, grabbed some popcorn and exchanged smiles with my friend on the right. It was pure bliss! Great friends and the film I have been waiting for all summer. A few weeks later I took my husband to see the movie. I enjoyed it just as much the second time and loved watching it with my honey.

Thank your Nora Ephron, thank you Hollywood. Meryl and Amy..you rock.

That's it for today my friends. See you at the movies. Chime in now. What is your favorite movie of all time?

Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment