Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Turning Over A New Leaf


Note: If you are joining us for the first time, we are reading (in many cases rereading) Simple Abundance...A Daybook of Comfort and Joy by Sarah Ban Breathnach.


I like Sarah's idea of autumnal (love that word) resolutions. Coincidentally, September always appeals to me as a time to start afresh. Perhaps this relates to my school days. You know, fresh paper, new #2 pencils, a new lunch box and new clothes. Everything was new and fresh for about a day and a half.

We should all ponder Sarah's question..."What do you want more or less of in your life, so that you can love the life you're leading?"

I have some friends I call goal setters. We meet once a month for breakfast and usually discuss what is working and what is not. We brainstorm, support each other, lending a helping hand where we can. We met this morning. Looking back on our discussion I think perhaps we all wanted a little more time, a little more balance in our lives and perhaps a little more discipline. Things keep slipping off the agenda. Things like getting to the gym.

So my September resolutions will start with MORE exercise. What about you my friends? Are you loving the life you are leading? What would make it better?

Meet me tomorrow...you'll find me at the gym. Promise!

Sunny

No comments:

Post a Comment